If you don't have any ranch dressing mix for your recipe, try this DIY dressing mix.The dry mixture is made with saltines, seasonings, and dry minced onion and parsley.
Southern Boiled Salad Dressing
- 7 saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup dry minced parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup dry minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dry dillweed
- 2 tablespoons onion salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mix
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In an electric blender, blend crackers on high speed until powdered. Add parsley, minced onions, and dill weed. Blend again until powdered. Dump into bowl. Stir in onion salt, garlic salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Put into container with tight-fitting lid. Store dry mix at room temperature for up to 1 year.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the mix with 1 cup of mayonnaise and 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Makes 2 cups of homemade ranch dressing.
You Might Also Like