- 3 1/2 cups hominy (about one large can, or about 29 ounces)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup warmed milk
- In skillet combine hominy with water, salt, cheese, and butter.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese and butter have melted.
- Gradually stir in milk and cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and bubbly. Put under broiler to brown.
You Might Also Like
Creamy Havarti Grits
Cheddar Grits with Bacon
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|