I love eating different kinds of toasts for breakfast. This is one we eat often, because we almost always have ricotta cheese and apples in the house. And of course, we always have honey! This is a super simple breakfast that you can easily take to go. It's nice to have a breakfast that is sans meat and eggs once in a while! That also means there is less prep work and it is faster to make!
Simply spread the ricotta cheese over the toast and top with the apple slices and honey! It's that simple!
You can switch up the ricotta cheese with cream cheese or blue cheese. You can also substitute the apple slices for pear slices. You can also add sliced almonds or pumpkin or sunflower seeds to the top for a little added crunch and nutrition!
Homemade bread or any other kind of sandwich bread or baguette works well. You can even turn it into a sandwich for easier eating!
- 2 slices wheat bread (whole grain, toasted)
- 1/2 cup ricotta (whole milk, or part skim)
- 1 apple (sliced thinly)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Toast the bread to your desired toastiness. Let it cool slightly.
- Spread half of the ricotta on each piece of toast.
- Spread half of the thin apple slices over the ricotta cheese.
- Drizzle the honey over the top of the apples.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|