These delicious baked chicken drumsticks are coated with a mixture of lemon juice and honey, along with seasonings, a little soy sauce, and brown sugar. Serve these flavorful chicken legs with mashed potatoes and a side vegetable, or double the recipe and make them for a party or game day snack or lunch.
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or Canola oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Creole seasoning or a seasoned salt blend
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Pat the chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels. Toss them in a food storage bag with the flour and Creole seasoning.
- Melt butter with olive oil; pour it into a shallow baking dish.
- Arrange the chicken drumsticks in the baking dish, turning to coat them thoroughly with the butter mixture.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey with brown sugar, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Stir to blend and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the honey mixture over the chicken pieces and return them to the oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes longer, turning the chicken pieces every 10 to 15 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||46 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|