The honey in this cornbread helps it browns nicely in the hot oven. For a crustier cornbread, heat the greased pan in the oven before adding the batter. The cornbread isn't overly sweet. If you like a sweeter cornbread, add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of granulated sugar or brown sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups stone ground cornmeal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup honey
- Heat the oven to 425 F (220 C/Gas 7). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan or spray the pan with baking spray.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the buttermilk, butter, and honey. Pour the egg mixture into the dry mixture and stir just until combined.
- Immediately spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|