Honey, smoky chipotle peppers, and spicy seasonings help to flavor this easy pork tenderloin. Serve this pork sliced with mashed potatoes or a rice dish.
The pork tenderloins are briefly seared and then they are roasted with the sauce mixture.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped, with a few teaspoons of sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl combine the honey, chopped peppers, adobo sauce, cilantro, and garlic; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Trim fat from the tenderloins and remove silver skin. Rub pork all over with the salt, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper. Sear in the olive oil, turning to brown all sides for a total of about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a lightly oiled baking pan or leave the tenderloins in the skillet if it is oven-safe.
- Roast the pork in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes and then brush generously with the chipotle mixture. Continue roasting for about 10 minutes longer, or until the pork registers at least 145 F on an instant-read thermometer stuck into the thickest part of a tenderloin.
- Let the pork rest for 5 minutes. Slice and drizzle with pan juices.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|