A delicious combination of Dijon mustard, honey, and tarragon with the creaminess of mayonnaise that works well on any burger. While this recipe calls for beef, you can certainly use chicken, turkey, pork or veggie burger patties.
The Dijon sauce is very easy to put together and you don't just have to use it for this recipe. It makes a fantastic dipping sauce for chicken nuggets and crispy french fries.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon/5 milliliters sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 milliliters black pepper
- 4-5 hamburger buns
- 1 small sweet onion (sliced into rounds)
- 1 large tomato (sliced)
- For Sauce:
- 1/3 cup/80 milliliters mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup/60 milliliters Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons/30 milliliters honey
- 1/2 tablespoon/10 milliliters of fresh tarragon (finely chopped)
Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl, cover, and place into refrigerator until ready to serve.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
Form 4 to 5 equal-sized burger patties and place on a cookie sheet or cutting board. Season with salt and black pepper.
Place patties on the grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
Remove burgers from grill and place onto hamburger buns with tomato and onion slices, and a generous helping of honey-Dijon sauce.