Served hot or cold, this is the perfect potato salad for any cookout. The honey-mustard dressing has flavors that pop off the plate and compliments most grilled, smoked, baked, and broiled meats.
- 8-9 Yukon gold potatoes, skins left on, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1/3 cup/80 mL dry white wine
- 1/3 cup/80 mL Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup/80 mL honey
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL capers
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
Add 1 teaspoon/5 mL of salt to 6 cups/1.4 L of water. Bring to a boil and add cut up potatoes. Cook for 12-15 minutes, until fork tender, but not mushy. Drain potatoes and set aside. In pot, heat olive oil and add diced shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add wine, stir and let bubble for 30 seconds. Add Dijon mustard, honey, and salt and black pepper. Cook for 30 seconds or until honey is mixed through.
Turn off heat add potatoes, capers, and chopped chives. Slowly fold into sauce until well coated. Place potato salad into serving dish and either serve warm, or place in an air tight container and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|