- 5-6 pound fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup honey
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place ham cut side down in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern. Place the whole cloves in the scored intersections.
- Combine corn syrup, cardamom, honey, butter, brown sugar, orange juice, and pepper in the top half of a double boiler, and heat until the butter melts and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally. Keep this glaze in the top of a double boiler, over hot water, while the ham is baking.
- Brush glaze over ham, then cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the warm honey glaze.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking time, remove the foil and turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze. Watch the ham carefully during the broiling time! Remove ham from oven, cover with foil, and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve the pan juices on the side to drizzle over each slice of ham. This will keep each slice of ham moist while it's being served.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)