Apple juice and honey team up to glaze this delicious, uncomplicated pork loin roast. Even with the easy preparation, the flavor is amazing. Most Cajun or Creole seasoning blends contain salt, but if your Cajun seasoning blend is salt-free, sprinkle the roast with a little salt before rubbing it with the seasoning. Below the recipe I've included a salt-free homemade Cajun seasoning blend.
Serve this flavorful pork roast with mashed potatoes and fresh cooked vegetables for a satisfying family meal on any occasion.
- 1 pork, loin roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning blend (instructions for homemade blend below)
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400 F. Line a baking pan with heavy duty foil and place the roast on the foil.
- Rub the pork loin all over with the Cajun seasoning blend.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine the apple juice, honey, and brown sugar; mix well.
- Reduce the oven heat to 325 F.
- Roast for about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours longer, basting frequently with the honey mixture, or to about 145 F on a meat thermometer.
- Let the roast rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
Homemade Cajun Seasoning Blend
To make your own homemade Cajun seasoning, blend the following ingredients in a coffee grinder or small food processor.
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika, sweet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
Store the seasoning in a jar with lid and make sure to label it. This blend is salt-free, so be sure to season the roast with a sprinkling of salt before rubbing with the seasoning.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|