These grilled sweet potatoes are so good you'll want to cook them all year round. They are also incredibly easy to make! Just remember to keep an eye on them, so they don't burn.
- 1 pound/450 g sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup/60 mL honey
- 1/4 cup/60 mL
- 3-4 mint leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat grill.
- Clean sweet potatoes, cutting off any bad spots. Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place on medium hot grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes on one side.
- Soften butter and mix with honey.
- Spread mixture over slices and turn.
- Continue grilling about 6-8 minutes.
- Turn and spread on more honey butter.
- Continue grilling until the honey butter gets all bubbly.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the potatoes once the honey mixture is applied, given the sugar content of the honey.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and top with chopped mint. However, this step is optional.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|