A honey mustard glaze gives this meatloaf great flavor. It's like a traditional meatloaf, but instead of a ketchup/tomato-based glaze, a Dijon-style sweet mustard provides the tang on top. And, as always, meatloaf makes for a great leftover food. Use the leftovers to make sliders.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or combination of beef and turkey
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs, plain or seasoned
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried leaf basil, or less if bread crumbs are seasoned
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned or plain salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onions, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in eggs, mixing gently but thoroughly.
3. Shape into loaf. Place loaf in baking pan.
4. Combine honey and mustard, brush half of the mixture on loaf.
5. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
6. Brush with remaining honey and mustard mixture for 30 to 45 minutes longer.
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped green onion.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|