A honey mustard glaze gives this meatloaf great flavor. It's like a traditional meatloaf, but instead of a ketchup/tomato-based glaze, a Dijon-style sweet mustard provides the tang on top. Also, meatloaf makes for a great leftover food; use the leftovers to make sliders.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or combination of beef and turkey
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs, plain or seasoned
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried leaf basil, or less if breadcrumbs are seasoned
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned or plain salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, onions, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in eggs, mixing gently but thoroughly.
- Shape into loaf. Place loaf in baking pan.
- Combine honey and mustard, brush half of the mixture on loaf.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Brush with remaining honey and mustard mixture for 30 to 45 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped green onion.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|