Honey Mustard Salmon Salad is a fresh and delicious recipe perfect for any day of the week. Cube and add the avocado right before serving so it stays perfect.
I love making cold salads in the summer. Make them the night before or in the morning when it's still cool outside. Then you have lunch and dinner ready and waiting in the fridge! There's no point in heating up a 500°F grill when it's 100°F outside or using the oven.
You can substitute cooked chicken (buy a couple of rotisserie chickens so you don't have to cook them), or cooked turkey or even chopped ham in this easy recipe. Enjoy every bite.
- 4 cooked salmon fillets, broken into large pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) box gemelli pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 2 cups cubed Havarti cheese
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- Prepare the salmon and set aside. This is a great use for leftover salmon too. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, honey mustard, and lemon juice and mix until combined. Stir in the salmon, tomatoes, and peppers. Place the frozen peas in a colander and put it in the sink.
- When the pasta is done, drain the pasta over the peas in colander. Shake the colander a bit to get rid of excess water, then add the pasta and peas to the salmon mixture. Add the cheese and stir gently.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors. Add the avocado right before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||58 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|