A combination of honey, garlic, and spicy mustard flavor these fresh salmon fillets. The salmon is an easy preparation and provides a healthy meal. The salmon takes just minutes to fix and bake.
- 2 pounds salmon fillets, about 6 to 8 ounces each
- 2/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or a Creole mustard
- 1 medium clove garlic, very finely minced
- Dash dried leaf basil
- Dash sea salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 F. Line a shallow baking dish with foil and grease lightly with olive oil.
- Combine honey, mustard, minced garlic, basil, and salt and pepper in a food storage bag or a glass or plastic container. Add the salmon fillets and seal or cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove salmon from the marinade and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Bake the salmon fillets in the prepared pan, skin-side down, for 14 to 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|