This hot barbecue sauce works really well on chicken and pork ribs. The horseradish gives this a good heat that doesn't burn (much).
- 1 cup/240 mL melted butter
- 1/2 cup/120 mL cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup/120 mL ketchup
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL black pepper
Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow the sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before using. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|