|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6-8 portions ( 6-8 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 203g||74%|
|Dietary Fiber 57g||205%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 2 to 3 cans baked beans (28 ounces/840 mL each)
- 1 cup/240 mL barbecue sauce
- 4 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL onion (minced)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL ketchup
- 1 jalapeño peppers (seeded and chopped finely)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Spike seasoning, or seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground black pepper
Cook bacon in a large skillet. Remove bacon, reserving some bacon grease in a pan, and allow to cool.
Once cooled, crumble bacon and set aside. Add chopped onion in a skillet with reserved bacon grease. Saute onions until they begin to slightly brown and look shiny. Remove from heat.
Serve immediately. Beans can be made up to 3 days in advance, store in a large airtight container in the refrigerator. Rewarm on the stovetop over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.