- 2-3 cans baked beans (28 ounces/840 mL each)
- 1 cup/240 mL barbecue sauce
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup/120 mL onion, minced
- 1/4 cup/60 mL ketchup
- 1 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Spike seasoning, or seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground black pepper
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet. Remove bacon, reserving some bacon grease in pan, and allow to cool.
2. Once cooled, crumble bacon and set aside. Add chopped onion in skillet with reserved bacon grease. Saute onions until they begin to slightly brown and look shiny. Remove from heat.
Mix ingredients thoroughly. Add in bacon and onions. Cover pot and allow to simmer on medium low to low heat for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve immediately. Beans can be made up to 3 days in advance, store in a large air tight container in refrigerator. Rewarm on stove top over medium low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||57 g|