This is an easy way to make some great buffalo wings. By boiling the chicken first you keep the chicken moist before it hits the grill to finish off. With a thick coating of hot sauce, these will be hot and spicy.
- 5 pounds/2.3 kg chicken wings (tips removed)
- 1 cup/240 mL hot sauce (i.e. Tabasco)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL honey
- 1/4 cup/60 mL butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL lime juice
- 2 tablespoon/45 mL plus 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- Fill a large pot with water. Add 2 tablespoons/30 mL of salt and bring to a boil. Add chicken wings and cook on a low simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to a medium-high heat.
- Place honey into a microwave safe dish and heat in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds. Enough to loosed into a bit. Stir. Combine warmed honey with hot sauce, butter and 1 teaspoon of salt. With the chicken wings boiled (but not necessarily cooked through, divide sauce in half and place chicken wings in half of the sauce. Place wings on hot grill and cook until done, about 10 minutes or until internal temperature of wings reach 175-185 degrees F.
- When done remove wings from grill and dip in reserved sauce. Serve hot. Rewarm sauce if needed. Just place into the microwave for a 10-15 seconds, stir and it's ready to go to the table.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||44 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|