Hot artichoke dip is a classic and simple recipe using lots of creamy ingredients like cheese and artichoke hearts. I like to serve it with lots of fun little knives decorated to look like Christmas ornaments. If you want a recipe with spinach, see Baked Artichoke Spinach Dip. And if you have leftovers, make Creamy Artichoke Stuffed Shells.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can plain artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add red bell pepper; cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Chop artichoke hearts into small pieces.
2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until softened. Gradually beat in mayonnaise until smooth. Add sautéed vegetables and artichoke hearts.
3. Stir in half of the Parmesan cheese and all of the Monterey Jack and mozzarella cheese. Place in 8" square baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for 25-35 minutes until dip begins to bubble around the edges. Serve warm with lightly toasted baguette slices.
You can make this dip ahead of time; just cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. When it's time to eat, bake for 5-10 minutes longer until the dip is hot and bubbling around the edges. Don't over bake or the dip will separate.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||42 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|