There is a method to making hot cocoa, believe it or not. The salt may seem like an odd ingredient, but it really helps bring out the flavor of the cocoa. Do not omit it unless you absolutely must.
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt (yes, it mellows the cocoa)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk
- Mix, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan, slowly stir in water.
- Heat and stir over moderately low heat until mixture boils, then boil slowly, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Add milk and heat to scalding but do not boil.
- Serve in mugs, sprinkled, if you like, with cinnamon or nutmeg or topped with marshmallows.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|