|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This hot fudge sauce makes a fantastic hot fudge sundae. Add brownies topped with vanilla ice cream and you've got a delicious brownie sundae.
I made this sauce following the recipe, and it came out thick and rich. If you let it cool and it gets too thick, warm it in the microwave or whisk in a little water.
This makes a big batch of chocolate sauce about 3 1/2 to 4 cups, but you can freeze it for later. Put it in 1/2 to 1 cup containers, freeze it, then heat it when you need it.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (granulated)
- 1/2 cup sugar (brown, packed)
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can/14 ounces milk (evaporated)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Combine sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt in a saucepan.
2 Add milk, water, and butter.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until boiling. Continue cooking at a gentle boil, stirring, for 5 minutes longer.
4. Remove the chocolate sauce from heat, cool slightly, then stir in vanilla.
5. Serve warm or cool. It will thicken more on cooling, so add more water or reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop.
Other Dessert Sauces