Question: I'm a fan of homemade bread and artisan bread, but I never seem to finish a loaf before it gets stale. What are some ways to use stale bread so it doesn't go to waste?
Answer: Since they're made without preservatives or dough conditioners, homemade and artisan bread go stale more quickly than commercial loaves. But there are lots of uses for stale bread, so don't toss that wonderful rustic sourdough just because it's a day or two past its prime.
Here's a list of ideas, along with recipe suggestions, for using stale bread:
Bread Salad Recipes
Bread Pudding Recipes
- Mango White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Bread Pudding with Whiskey Vanilla Sauce
- Green Chili Bread Pudding with Avocado Salsa
- Spinach Strata
Pain Perdu Recipes
French Toast Recipes
Bread Crumb Recipes
- Ribollita & Minestra di Pane Recipes - Tuscan Ribollita Recipe
- White Garlic Soup Recipe - Sopa de Ajo Blanco