01 of 06
How to Debone Pork Shoulder Roast Recipe - Step 1
Pork shoulder roasts are very inexpensive. They are quite good roasted with the bone in, but the bone can make carving difficult. Some butchers will debone the roast at no extra charge, while others will charge a higher price. It's easy to do it yourself in about 10 minutes. Learn how to remove the pork shoulder bone, and you'll end up with a boneless pork roast suitable for stuffing or as a rolled and tied boneless roast. A sharp boning knife is essential.
You will need:
• Pork shoulder... roast.
• Sharp 7- or 8-inch boning knife.
• Cutting board.Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
How to Debone Pork Shoulder Roast Recipe - Step 2
• Turn the pork roast fat-side down on the cutting board.
• Locate the bone on either end of the roast.Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
How to Debone Pork Shoulder Roast Recipe - Step 3
• Begin at the large end of the pork roast where the bone is exposed.
• Using the tip of the knife, carefully cut the flesh from the bone down one side.Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
How to Debone Pork Shoulder Roast Recipe - Step 4
• Repeat, carving around the other side of the pork shoulder bone.
• The bone should be clearly exposed so you can easily carve under it to remove the entire bone.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
How to Debone Pork Shoulder Roast Recipe - Step 5
• This is the removed pork shoulder bone.
• Save the bone to use in soups, beans, or stock.
• The bone may be frozen up to 3 months in a zip-top bag with all the air sucked out.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
How to Debone Pork Shoulder Roast Recipe - Step 6
This is the deboned pork shoulder roast shown fat-side down. You can now stuff the roast with your favorite stuffing or roll and tie it for a boneless pork roast.
It is recommended to leave the layer of skin and fat intact on the opposite side to prevent the roast from drying out as well as for presentation. The fatty skin layer is easily removed after carving, if desired.
• Pork Shoulder Roast with Apple Stuffing
• Pork Recipes
• Stuffing Recipes