Making your own rosemary salt is easy, fun, and better than those stale supermarket salt and herb blends. Homemade rosemary salt also makes a great edible gift for the gourmets in your life.
- 1 cup rosemary (packed fresh leaves)
- 1 cup salt (coarse)
- 3 cups salt (Kosher, or other flake-style salt, like sea salt)
- Put the rosemary leaves and coarse salt in a food processor.
- Pulse on and off about 8-10 times, or until the rosemary is blended into the salt, and the salt is similar in texture to table salt (it will be damp and look almost like wet sand).
- Add the Kosher salt to a bowl; stir in the rosemary salt mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Spread out on a baking sheet to dry for a few hours and then transfer to jars with tight-fitting lids.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|