Nothing can replace the taste and creaminess of real whipped cream. I have a friend who is always ready to whip up a bowl of cream. She only believes in the "real stuff". No artificial whipped toppings for her or for us either.
Time Required: less than 15 minutes
- Begin with thoroughly chilled cream.
- Chill mixing bowl and beaters.
- Whip the cream on medium speed.
- Add sugar (2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup granulated) and any flavorings while whipping cream.
- Cream is whipped when soft peaks form.
- For vanilla-flavored whipped cream, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- For a chocolate flavor add 2 tablespoons cocoa with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- For coffee-flavored cream add 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- One teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of your favorite liquor and liqueur flavors work as well.
- Use cream that has either a 36 to 40 percent milk-fat content (heavy cream) or 30 to 36 percent (light whipping cream).
- Don't over-whip the cream. It turns to butter.
- Sweeten whipped cream to taste, and depending on what it accompanies.
What You Need:
- Heavy or Whipping Cream
- Granulated Sugar
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
Put Whipped Cream on These -
Sheet CakesRaspberry Red Velvet CakeFrosted Sheet CakeBetter Than S.. CakeBlueberry Limoncello CakeApple Spice CakeTomato Soup CakeDouble Pineapple Upside down CakeScotch Chocolate CakeOoey Gooey Butter CakeStrawberry CakeSwimming Pool Cake
Bundt Cakes to TryTunnel of Fudge Bundt CakeHazelnut Bundt CakeLemon Poke CakeCinnamon Bundt CakeLimoncello Bundt CakeBrown Sugar Pound CakeBlack Russian CakeFresh Lemon Pound CakeSour Cream Chocolate Chip