Nothing can replace the taste and creaminess of real whipped cream. I have a friend who is always ready to whip up a bowl of cream. She only believes in the "real stuff". No artificial whipped toppings for her or for us either.
Time Required: less than 15 minutes
- Begin with thoroughly chilled cream.
- Chill mixing bowl and beaters.
- Whip the cream on medium speed.
- Add sugar (2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup granulated) and any flavorings while whipping cream.
- Cream is whipped when soft peaks form.
- For vanilla-flavored whipped cream, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- For a chocolate flavor add 2 tablespoons cocoa with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- For coffee-flavored cream add 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- One teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of your favorite liquor and liqueur flavors work as well.
- Use cream that has either a 36 to 40 percent milk-fat content (heavy cream) or 30 to 36 percent (light whipping cream).
- Don't over-whip the cream. It turns to butter.
- Sweeten whipped cream to taste, and depending on what it accompanies.