Dear readers, the spread of COVID-19 is changing life for all of us, at least temporarily.
We understand that these are uncertain times, and life may feel chaotic for everyone right now. At The Spruce Eats, it’s our mission to help you make your best meal. The COVID-19 pandemic doesn’t change this. What you have in your kitchen now is probably going to be even more important than usual. We’re refocusing some of our content to offer what we hope will both be a helping hand and a reassuring presence during this time. Whether you’re looking for real tips on how to store and freeze foods, how to substitute one ingredient for another, how to cook with ingredients you don’t use every day—or if you just want a mental break from it all, we’ve got your back.
Like many of you, we are working from home while our children are not going to school. This presents challenges that we haven’t had to solve before and we will try our best to bring you ideas that will help. The fabric of our community is more important now than ever. As always, we will be monitoring recipe comments and hope that you as a community will help each other with the thoughtful and smart answers you often do.
We’ll update the homepage regularly with answers to questions we see you asking. If there’s anything you want or need to know, or have any feedback for us, don’t hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com.
From all of us at The Spruce Eats, wishing you all health, safety, and comfort.
Eating In the Time of COVID-19
- Download Our Master List of Pantry Essentials
- Supermarkets Are Changing Their Hours—Here's What You Need to Know
- How to Clean What You Buy at the Supermarket
- 6 Ways to Stretch Your Next Grocery Haul
- Is It Safe to Order Delivery Right Now?
- Here Is a List of Organizations Supporting Restaurants and Food Service Workers
- What Our Editors Are Cooking Right Now
- Virtual Dinner Parties Are the Best Way to Bring People Together Right Now
- Apart, But Still Together: Planning a Virtual Seder
How to Freeze
More Ways to Save and Preserve
Food Storage and Safety
- Our Essential Food Storage Guide
- How to Store Vegetables So They'll Stay Fresh Longer
- This Is How Long Cheese Can Really Last in the Fridge
- Keep Garlic Fresh This Way
- The Best Way to Store Onions
- Extend the Life of Your Potatoes
- Storing Eggs for Maximum Freshness
- This Is How You Tell If Eggs Are Still Good
- 16 Tips for Storing Home-Dried Foods
- Does Powdered Milk Go Bad?
Cooking With Pantry Staples
- How to Smartly Use What's Currently in Your Pantry
- 11 Expert Tips on Cooking With Canned Foods
- From Your Pantry to the Dinner Table: 45 Rice Recipes
- 30 Bean Recipes That Are Hearty and Delicious
- 30 Delicious Lentil Recipes That Go Beyond Soup
- 24 Squash Recipes to Cook Right Now
- 12 Recipes That Start With Canned Chicken
- 15 Delicious Meals That Call for Canned Salmon
- 31 Ways to Turn Canned Tuna Into Tasty Meals