|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 51g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 33g|
|Vitamin C 48mg||238%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Fun, fruity, and a beautiful shade of blue, the Hpnotiq margarita is a pure delight to sip. It is also one of the best Hpnotiq drink recipes you'll find and a brilliant way to use the alluring blue liqueur. With its blend of tropical fruit juices against a vodka and cognac base, the French liqueur is an ideal companion for your favorite tequila and creates a drink that's as captivating to look at as it is to drink.
In no way is this margarita one-dimensional, either. The fruity flavor is built up with orange liqueur, fresh sour mix, and a hint of pineapple. The resulting taste is tantalizing and the drink's sea blue color is sure to make a splash at any summer party.
"This recipe highlights the easy friendship of pineapple and agave. The cocktail also shows complexity by way of the ‘tropical ingredients’ from the cognac-based blue liqueur. If you are a fan of the Margarita, you should enjoy this tantalizing variation." —Sean Johnson
1 1/2 ounces tequila
1 1/2 ounces Hpnotiq liqueur
3/4 ounce triple sec
1/2 ounce sour mix
1/2 ounce pineapple juice
Lime wheel, for garnish
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour tequila, Hpnotiq, triple sec, sour mix, and pineapple juice. Fill with ice.
Strain into a chilled margarita or large rocks glass filled with ice.
Garnish with a lime wheel.
- A homemade sour mix is highly recommended and it's very easy to make. Even better, you have complete control of the syrup's flavor: Use more lime if you like, and adjust the sweet or sour to taste by changing the sugar to liquid ratio.
- Adding pineapple juice does take some of the blue out of the drink; it can be a little more teal at times. If you want a really blue drink, use blue curaçao instead of triple sec.
- Add flavor by pouring a fruity tequila infusion. For instance, it's tasty with raspberry and kiwi infused blanco tequila, though you could also play with a variety of fruit combinations.
- If desired, the glass can be rimmed in salt. Simply take the chilled glass, run a bit of lime around the rim and dip the rim in a small plate filled with kosher salt. Fill glass with ice, then add the prepared cocktail. Garnish with lime.
What's the Best Way to Serve a Margarita?
Like any margarita, you have a few choices when it comes to serving the Hpnotiq margarita. Each style has its appeal:
- Margaritas are most often served up in a margarita or cocktail glass. This offers the full-flavored taste of the drink and a stunning presentation. It's best if the glass is nice and frosty before straining the drink.
- For a flavor that mellows as you drink, serve it on the rocks in a large old-fashioned glass. The recipe's volume makes it a nice candidate for an ice-filled Mason jar as well.
- When you're in the mood for a boozy slushy, toss the ingredients in a blender with 3/4 to 1 cup of ice.
How Strong Is a Hpnotiq Margarita?
Not only is this margarita beautiful and fruity, but it also has a pleasant strength. Hpnotiq is a 34-proof liqueur, which is similar to the average triple sec. Combine those with an 80-proof tequila, and the margarita mixes up to around 19 percent ABV (36 proof). That's a little lighter than the original margarita but still pretty strong and the sweet, fruity taste can be deceiving.