Fun, fruity, and a beautiful shade of blue, the Hpnotiq margarita is a pure delight to sip. It is also one of the best Hpnotiq drink recipes you'll find and a brilliant way to use the alluring blue liqueur. With its blend of tropical fruit juices against a vodka and cognac base, the French liqueur is an ideal companion for your favorite tequila and creates a drink that's as captivating to look at as it is to drink.
In no way is this margarita one-dimensional, either. The fruity flavor is built up with orange liqueur, fresh sour mix, and a hint of pineapple. The resulting taste is tantalizing and the drink's sea blue color is sure to make a splash at any summer party.
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces Hpnotiq Liqueur
- 3/4 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce sour mix
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- Garnish: lime wheel
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the ingredients.
Garnish with a lime wheel. Serve and enjoy.
- A homemade sour mix is highly recommended and it's very easy to make. Even better, you have complete control of the syrup's flavor: Use more lime if you like, and adjust the sweet or sour to taste by changing the sugar to liquid ratio.
- Adding pineapple juice does take some of the blue out of the drink; it can be a little more teal at times. If you want a really blue drink, use blue curaçao instead of triple sec.
What's the Best Way to Serve a Margarita?
Like any margarita, you have a few choices when it comes to serving the Hpnotiq margarita. Each style has its appeal:
- Margaritas are most often served up in a margarita or cocktail glass. This offers the full-flavored taste of the drink and a stunning presentation. It's best if the glass is nice and frosty before straining the drink.
- For a flavor that mellows as you drink, serve it on the rocks in an old-fashioned glass. The recipe's volume makes it a nice candidate for an ice-filled Mason jar as well.
- When you're in the mood for a boozy slushy, toss the ingredients in a blender with 3/4 to 1 cup of ice.
How Strong Is a Hpnotiq Margarita?
Not only is this margarita beautiful and fruity, but it also has a pleasant strength. Hpnotiq is a 34-proof liqueur, which is similar to the average triple sec. Combine those with an 80-proof tequila, and the margarita mixes up to around 19 percent ABV (36 proof). That's a little lighter than the original margarita but still pretty strong and the sweet, fruity taste can be deceiving.