This is a 3 layer chocolate cake made with butter and ice water, frosted with a delicious chocolate cream cheese frosting. This cake made with unsweetened chocolate, ice water, and eggs.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 3 cups/12 3/4 ounces cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups ice water
- For the Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups/16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour three 9-inch layer cake pans.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and blend well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate; blend well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry mixture, about one-third at a time, alternating with the ice water and ending with the dry mixture.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pans for 5 to 10 minutes and remove from pans. Cool thoroughly on racks before frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and well blended. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in the cocoa and vanilla; continue beating until smooth.
- Spread frosting between the layers and over the top and sides.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||51 g|
|Saturated Fat||29 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|