|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 38g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 37g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A caramel macchiato is a delectable iced coffee treat that you can get at your favorite coffee house, but it is so easy to make at home and costs a fraction of the price. It only takes four simple ingredients (plus ice). You can even try your hand at making your own vanilla syrup and caramel sauce if you wish. Use an instant espresso for an even easier recipe.
It’s technically a latte and is traditionally served layered. Give it a quick stir before enjoying or drink it as is. If you’re looking for a hot caramel macchiato for those chilly days, use hot-brewed espresso and heat the milk before adding.
There are lots of ways to mix up this recipe, and it’s also easy to make it dairy free and vegan. There are several store-bought vegan caramel sauces, and any kind of dairy-free milk tastes delicious in this recipe. Double or triple the recipe to make a larger batch for guests and friends.
Gather the ingredients.
Combine milk and vanilla syrup in a glass or measuring cup. Whisk to combine.
Drizzle glass with caramel syrup, if desired. Add ice and top with milk mixture.
Top drink with chilled espresso. Drizzle with more caramel sauce on top of ice (if using) and serve immediately.
Stir drink when you are ready to enjoy. It looks beautiful in two layers, but tastes best once stirred together.
- Salted Caramel Macchiato: Sprinkle sea salt on top of the caramel sauce and stir a sprinkle of salt into the vanilla and milk combination.
- Cocoa Caramel Macchiato: Add a drizzle of chocolate syrup along with the caramel sauce on top of the coffee. You can also mix the chocolate syrup with the milk for an extra chocolaty flavor.
- Cinnamon Caramel Macchiato: Use cinnamon syrup instead of the vanilla syrup or go crazy and use a bit of both. Top the espresso with a sprinkle of cinnamon and caramel syrup.
- You can use a strong cold brew instead of the espresso.
- Use dairy-free alternative milk if you are dairy free. Almond milk, oat milk, and coconut milk all work well, especially in this iced variation.
- Use a vegan caramel sauce or use a caramel-flavored syrup, which is usually already vegan.
- If you’re looking to get extra fancy, top the drink with some whipped cream and then the caramel sauce.
- Make sure to chill the espresso ahead of time or else it will melt the ice and water down the drink.