This is a fruity variation on the Mojito that plays up the best fruits of the summer season, fresh watermelon and raspberries. The fruits are muddled along with the mint to extract their sweet juices, which intermingle nicely with the crisp, refreshing herb. The remainder of the cocktail is exactly as it is in the original: lime, mint, syrup, soda and rum (in this case the silver from Shellback, which is perfect here).
- Muddle mint leaves, watermelon and raspberries in cocktail shaker.
- Add rum, lime juice and simple syrup with ice.
- Shake vigorously to infuse mint flavor well.
- Strain into highball glass over fresh ice.
- Top with soda and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Recipe Courtesy: Shellback Rum
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||62 g|