I love this simple, easy-to-prepare Chutney. My Mom usually serves it with Pulaos and Biryanis. It also tastes magnificent with Stuffed Parathas.
- 2 tbsps vegetable, canola or sunflower cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 2 onions, sliced finely
- 2 green chilies coarsely chopped (reduce for less heat)
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 5 big red, ripe tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 big green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped fine (approximately 50 gms/ 0.10 lbs)
- 4 tbsps tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh, green coriander
- Heat the oil in a pan and when hot, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves to it. Fry till the spluttering stops.
- Now add the onions. Fry till soft. Add the green chilies and ginger and garlic pastes. Fry for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till pulpy. When done, add the chopped green bell peppers, spring onions, tomato ketchup and salt to taste. Cook for 2 more minutes and turn off the heat.
- Put the Chutney into a serving bowl and garnish with the chopped green coriander. Serve with any Pulao or with Stuffed Parathas.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|