These Indonesian inspired pork kebabs (Satay) are marinated in a lime, soy and brown sugar marinade, then grilled hot and fast. These not only make a great entree but an excellent appetizer. You can get them ready ahead of time and grill them up in about 10 minutes.
- 3 pounds/1.4 kg boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup/60 mL soy sauce
- 1/4 cup/60 mL lime juice
- 2 tablespoon/30 mL brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground ginger
- Place pork cubes in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Combine other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over pork, cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and reserve marinade. Arrange pork cubes onto skewers, leaving about 1/4 inch space in between each cube.
- Brush marinade over meat and place on a hot grill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over a medium fire then turn.
- Baste with more marinade and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Continue cooking and turning until done, or once the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and serve with side sauces of choice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|