|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 to 10|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||44%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Vitamin C 4mg||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
It's no surprise Buffalo chicken dip is a fan favorite for any occasion. You can enjoy all the flavors Buffalo chicken wings in one bite, while keeping your fingers clean. This is recipe the ultimate last-minute snack because it takes only minutes with the help of the Instant Pot.
The chicken and hot sauce cook to shreddable perfection in the Instant Pot in just 12 minutes, leaving you plenty of time to prepare dippers to go with it. Ranch dressing gives the dip its characteristic tang, while cream cheese and shredded cheddar turn the ingredients into a luscious, harmonious dip.
If you're a fan of blue cheese with your wings, we suggest garnishing this dip with blue cheese crumbles or serve them on the side. This is one of our go-to recipes for Super Bowl parties or game day gatherings, and it's an excellent choice for potlucks, since you can keep it warm right in the Instant Pot.
Serve this Buffalo chicken dip with crispy vegetable dippers like celery sticks and baby carrots, or surround it with slices of crusty bread and sturdy chips. The dip is thick and hearty enough to smear onto bread, so you might want to supply some silverware and small plates.
“I adore a good instant pot recipe and this definitely fits the bill for one of those considering how easy it is to put together. Perfect for parties or just keeping around for a decadent snack for yourself. I find it goes best with rustic potato chips, best results being a homemade batch.” — Noah Velush-Rogers
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Redhot
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup ranch dressing
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles, optional
2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, optional
Carrot, celery, and cucumber sticks, for serving, optional
Chips, crackers, or crusty bread slices, for serving, optional
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Place the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot, followed by the hot sauce, butter, and ranch dressing. Do not stir.
Lock the Instant Pot lid in place, ensuring the pressure-release knob is in the sealing position (automatic in some models). Set the timer for 12 minutes, high pressure.
When the time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release by carefully releasing the remaining pressure.
Remove the chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Set aside.
Select the low sauté function, then add the cream cheese and shredded cheddar. Cook, stirring, until the cheese is melted. (Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender for an ultra-smooth sauce.) Stir the shredded chicken into the sauce, then switch to the warm setting.
Keep the dip on the warm setting in Instant Pot or transfer to a serving bowl. Top with blue cheese crumbles, and scallions, if desired. Serve the Buffalo chicken dip with an assortment of vegetable dippers, sturdy crackers, chips, or crusty bread.
- If serving the dip at room temperature, you should refrigerate it within 2 hours.
- Alternatively, you can keep it warm in the Instant Pot or a chafing dish, or serve it in a heat-safe bowl on a warming plate.
- You can use frozen chicken breasts, but they should be separated, not stuck together. Add 3 minutes to the Instant Pot cooking time and plan on a few extra minutes for pressure buildup.
- Feel free to use your favorite kind of shredded cheese or a combination of cheeses. Pepper jack, a mix of cheddar and mozzarella, or a Mexican blend are all excellent choices.
- Transfer the dip to a small casserole, then top with about 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese, and buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 400 F oven until the cheese is melted and slightly browned in spot, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish as desired and serve immediately.
How to Store Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Refrigerate Buffalo chicken dip within 2 hours and eat within 3 to 4 days.
- To freeze Buffalo chicken dip, place it in an airtight freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost frozen dip in the refrigerator overnight.
- To reheat in the microwave, place the dip in a microwave-safe dish, then heat for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- To reheat in the oven, place the dip in a small baking dish and cover with foil. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until warm throughout, about 20 minutes.