This Instant Pot pizza is just the right size for a quick lunch or snack and it's super easy to prepare. Use convenient refrigerated pizza dough or your favorite homemade crust recipe (thinly rolled). Mini ready-made pizza dough, such as Mama Mary's or Mia, is another option. The mini crusts fit perfectly in the 7-inch baking pan and they're an excellent choice for stacking and cooking two at the same time.
Feel free to change the pizzas up with your favorite toppings. Add some sliced sautéed mushrooms if you like. Thinly sliced red onions and bell peppers are great options as well. Or you might replace the pepperoni with some browned ground beef or ham.
A 6-quart Instant Pot was used for this recipe.
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough (or a ready-made mini pizza crust)
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce (purchased or homemade)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded, or a blend of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses)
- 7 to 10 pepperoni slices (or about 3 dozen mini pepperoni slices)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ripe olives (sliced)
- Optional: Crushed red pepper flakes (for serving)
- Optional: Parmesan cheese (for serving)
Gather the ingredients.
Place a trivet in the inner pot of the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
Spray a 7-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Unroll the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface; roll or stretch it gently until it is approximately 7 1/2 inches by about 15 inches. Place the baking pan upside-down on one end of the dough and use a sharp knife to cut around it. You will have enough left for a second pizza; roll the leftover dough up and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. Skip this step if you are using mini prebaked crusts.
Fit the circle of dough in the pan and press a bit up the sides to form a crust.
Spoon the pizza sauce over the dough.
Top the pizza sauce with the shredded mozzarella cheese, then layer with pepperoni slices and some sliced ripe olives.
Fold a 24-inch length of foil lengthwise into thirds. Place the folded foil on the countertop and place the pan in the center. Cover the pan tightly with another sheet of foil.
Using the ends of the foil as handles, lower the pan into the Instant Pot.
Secure the lid and turn the steam release knob to the sealing position. Choose the pressure cook or manual button (high pressure) and set the timer for 15 minutes.
When the time is up, follow the manufacturer's instructions for a quick release. Remove the pan and discard the foil.
Use a flexible spatula to remove the pizza to a cutting board. Cut the pizza into four wedges or smaller appetizer-sized pieces and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza: Replace the red sauce with prepared Alfredo sauce and top with about 1/3 cup of cubed chicken a handful of fresh baby spinach leaves. Finish with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Cook as directed.
- Hawaiian Pizza: Spread the red sauce over the pizza as directed and then top with about 1/4 to 1/3 cup each of finely cubed ham and diced pineapple. Finish with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese or a cheese blend. Cook as directed.
- It is possible to make two pizzas at the same time by stacking two pans, assuming the pans are not too tall. Prepare two pizzas, cover them tightly with foil, and stack them on the trivet. Cook as directed for 15 minutes. Remove the pizzas and replace them in the Instant Pot, but in reverse order—place the top pan on the bottom and the bottom pan on top. Secure the lid and cook them on high pressure for 5 minutes longer.