The Irish Encounter is a fun frozen cocktail that is similar to a Pina Colada, only different. You will find in this drink a mix of banana, coconut, Irish cream, and rum and it is a delicious mix that will cool you down on the hottest of days. While another rum will work in this drink, I think you will find that the unique notes, particularly the citrus, of Pyrat XO Reserve are a nice accent here. Also, make sure that you blend this one up until the ice is nice and smooth for a better drinking experience.
- 3 ounces coconut milk
- 1/3 banana (ripe)
- 1/2 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounce Pyrat XO Reserve Rum
- 1 scoop of ice
- Garnish: whipped cream
- Garnish: toasted coconut flakes
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 15 to 20 seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour into a margarita or hurricane glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Recipe Courtesy: Pyrat Rum
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||18 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|