|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Quite often, when you think of St. Patrick's Day it's all about the color green. Let's not forget the importance of gold at the end of the rainbow! This Irish gold highball is not only perfect for that particular holiday, but it's a really nice sipper any day of the year. You'll really enjoy it because it is essentially whiskey ginger with a fruity twist!
Gather the ingredients.
Build the whiskey, schnapps, and juice in a collins glass filled with ice.
Top with ginger ale. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Serve and enjoy!
- While Irish whiskey is recommended, this recipe is a fantastic place for other styles of whiskey. Try it with bourbon or one of the smooth blends from Canada.
- Fresh squeezed orange juice will create a better drink. For a splash, you can even simply squeeze the juice from an orange wedge.
- There are many brands of peach schnapps available. They're worth exploring because they vary in taste, sweetness, intensity, and overall quality.
- Also, keep in mind that it doesn't have to be "schnapps." Look for bottles labeled "peach liqueur" or "crème de peche."
- Add more orange juice if you like. A splash is good but there may be times when you want a higher concentration of the fruit. If you split the ginger ale with an equal part of orange juice when filling your glass, you'll have a sort of sparkling whiskey hairy navel.
- Make this drink by the pitcher to serve at a party or have the base ready in the fridge. Increase the ingredients—keeping everything in proportion—for the number of drinks you need or to fill the pitcher. Leave room for the ice and ginger ale, which should be added at the last minute. For the least diluted and most effervescent drink, add them directly in the serving glasses.