|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Makes 8 Servings (serves 8)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||32%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a simple and delicious creamy-style potato salad that can be made in about 30 minutes. Serve chilled with your favorite grilled meats for a well rounded cookout experience.
- 6 large potatoes (white)
- 1 tablespoon/15mL salt
- For the Dressing:
- 1 cup/240 mL sour cream
- 1 cup/240 mL mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL green onion (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3-4 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 medium pickle (dill, finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon/5mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25mL black pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place peeled, washed and sliced potatoes in a large pot of salted water and boil for about 20-22 minutes, or until tender. While potatoes are boiling, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to a large plate lined with paper towel and let drain. Allow bacon to cool for 5-6 minutes before crumbling. Once potatoes are cooked, drain and place into an ice bath for 10-15 minutes, remove, drain again, and cut into smaller cubes.
- In a large plastic or glass bowl combine mayonnaise, dill pickle, sour cream, garlic, green onion, bacon, salt, and black pepper. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving dish, cover with plastic wrap, and place into the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving. Store leftover potato salad in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.