This is such a tasty beef for sandwiches, and it is a snap to throw together and cook in the slow cooker. This serves a dozen or more people, so it's great for tailgating or a family get-together.
The beef is cooked to tender perfection in the slow cooker with some unusual yet very tasty additions.
- Pour beer (or beef broth or stock) into crock pot.
- Drain liquid from pepperoncini into the crockpot. Stir in the salad dressing mix until well-blended. Place about half of the peppers in the crockpot.
- Trim fat from the roast; place in crock pot on top of peppers.
- Top roast with remaining peppers.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours
- Remove the cooked roast from crock pot; cool slightly. While still warm, pull roast with two forks to shred.
- To serve, ladle a small amount of warm liquid from crock over split rolls or bread, top with shredded beef, then follow with more beef liquid as desired.
- Serve with forks and a stack of napkins.