This flavorful brine is perfect for pretty much any meat, but particularly pork and chicken. Because of the vinegar in this brine it has an extra tenderizing affect.
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt (or 3 tablespoons table salt)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup oregano (fresh, chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring constantly until salt is dissolved.
- This is enough brine for about 6 pounds of meat. Brine pork and beef for 1 hour per pound and poultry for 30 minutes per pound.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|