|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: about 7 cups (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 132g||48%|
|Dietary Fiber 39g||138%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This flavorful brine is perfect for pretty much any meat, but particularly pork and chicken. Because of the vinegar in this brine it has an extra tenderizing affect.
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt (or 3 tablespoons table salt)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup oregano (fresh, chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring constantly until salt is dissolved.
2. This is enough brine for about 6 pounds of meat. Brine pork and beef for 1 hour per pound and poultry for 30 minutes per pound.