This cheese rub contains herbs and spices for flavor and olive oil and red wine vinegar to turn the mixture into a thick paste. Very similar to pesto, without the pine nuts. Use this rub on any meat to add that great Italian-inspired flavor.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL basil (dried)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL oregano (dried)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper (fresh ground)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
1. Combine all ingredients and store in a glass or plastic bow. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Mixture will stay good for 3 to 4 days.
2. Make it a day ahead to the let the flavors blend. Store in fridge and use as needed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|