|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Tired of traditional baked potatoes? Try these red potatoes flavored with traditional Italian herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. The recipe goes together in a snap, then the potatoes are roasted in the oven.
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes (red, waxy)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried, crushed between palms)
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried, crushed between palms)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed, minced)
- Salt (Kosher) and Pepper to taste (freshly ground)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated, not the canned variety)
- Optional: Sweet Hungarian paprika
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Scrub the potatoes, removing any bad spots. Cut in half through the center (not end to end). Place cut potatoes in a plastic bag with the olive oil. Seal and toss to completely coat the potatoes. Arrange the potatoes, cut-side up, in a ceramic 2-1/2- to 3-quart Dutch oven.
Sprinkle potatoes with oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Top with Parmesan cheese and a light dusting of paprika.
Cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes. Remove lid and continuing baking for another 30 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a toothpick. Garnish with minced fresh parsley, if desired.