This is a family favorite lasagna, and it's sure to be a hit with your family. The recipe is made with Italian sausage and tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. It's super easy and delicious.
Use a sweet or mild Italian sausage in the recipe. For a spicier lasagna, use hot Italian sausage. Feel free to make the lasagna with ground beef or ground turkey if you'd like.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage (remove casings)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cans tomato paste (6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces lasagna noodles (10 to 12 lasagna noodles)
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown sausage slowly; drain off excess fat. Add garlic, tomatoes, basil, oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and tomato paste.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, adding a little water if too thick.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Place a layer of noodles in bottom of a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan or lasagna pan.
- Cover the noodle layer with a layer of mozzarella cheese and then spoon half of the ricotta mixture over the mozzarella. Spoon half of the meat sauce over the ricotta cheese layer. Repeat layers, ending with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in a 375 F oven.
- Allow lasagna recipe to set a few minutes before serving.
Tips and Variations
- Replace the tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, and tomato paste with a large jar of spaghetti sauce.
- Saute 1/2 cup of chopped onion and 1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper with the Italian sausage.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|