|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6-8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This pot roast recipe is made with tomatoes, potatoes, onion soup mix, and garlic, along with other seasonings and vegetables. You don't even need to be home to cook it. Let the slow cooker do all the work and enjoy this delicious pot roast for lunch, dinner or even a snack.
- 2 to 3 lbs. lean chuck roast (trim any visible fat)
- 1 16-ounce can of stewed or canned tomatoes, drained of liquid (can be chopped if desired)
- 1 small to medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste if desired after cooking
Mix all the ingredients, add the beef, put tomato and spices on top of the beef, and add the blend to the crock pot.
Cook on low 8-10 hours or until tender. Remove bay leaf before serving. Serve hot, with crusty rolls and salad.
Pot Roast Recipes