- 1 (1-pound) package farfalle or gemelli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds frozen precooked meatballs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (9-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 2 minutes less than the shortest cooking time. Drain pasta and rinse.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Add meatballs and saute for 6-8 minutes until meatballs are hot.
3. Add chicken broth and scrape drippings off the bottom of the pan.
Then add Alfredo sauce. Add milk to Alfredo sauce jar, put lid on, and shake vigorously. Add this mixture to skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese and pasta and stir to coat. Then stir in spinach and basil.
4. Pour into 3-quart casserole dish and top with Romano cheese. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until casserole is bubbling.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||27 g|