|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 34g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||52%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Whiskey actually makes a great marinade. Not only does it add flavor to this flank steak but it tenderizes the meat as well. Remember when using alcohol in a recipe don't use anything you wouldn't drink.
- 1 1/2 pounds/700 g flank steak, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup/120 mL whiskey
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL room temperature butter
- Gather the ingredients.
- With a sharp knife score the flank steak, about 1/8 inch deep, making a diamond pattern. Mix garlic, mustard, oil, whiskey together, salt and pepper together in small bowl. Place steak and marinade in a resealable bag and pour mixture over top. Make sure the entire steak is well coated in the marinade, seal bag and place in refrigerator for 8-24 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove steak from bag and discard marinade. Place meat onto grill and cook for 6-7 minutes per side brushing with butter periodically. Once the meat has reached the desired doneness, remove from grill and let meat rest for 5 minutes. Slice into strips, across the grain and serve.