|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A spiced mixture of Jack Daniel's Whiskey, spices, and orange zest make up the fabulous glaze for this ham. It's the perfect ham for Thanksgiving, Easter or any special feast.
(Feel free to use a Kentucky bourbon if you prefer that flavor.)
- 4 to 6 pound boneless fully cooked smoked ham half
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Orange slices, thinly sliced
- Curly endive, for garnish
Preheat oven to 325 F.
On a rack in a roasting pan, roast ham, uncovered, for about 20 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer reads 140 F.
Before ham is done, simmer a mixture of the brown sugar, Jack Daniel's whiskey, orange peel, cloves, and allspice over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Brush the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before done.
Serve the ham garnished with orange slices and endive if desired.