|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 18g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Very popular at the bar, you will often see groups of people drinking Jäger bombs together. You will either love it or hate it; there's not much middle ground with this potent shot. One thing that is certain is that it's a drink every bartender should know. It requires no mixing and it's so easy that anyone can make it.
Jägermeister is a strong liqueur with a slight anise taste. The alcohol's "depressant" effects are offset by the energy drink Red Bull that the shot is dropped into, which can definitely help keep the party going. However, this is not a shot for the faint of heart, and it's very easy to have one too many without realizing it. The best advice: Take it easy on the Jäger bombs.
1 1/2 ounces Jägermeister Liqueur
1/2 (8.4-ounce) can Red Bull energy drink
Gather the ingredients. Fill a shot glass with Jägermeister. Pour half a can of Red Bull into a pint glass.
Drop the shot glass into the taller glass.
Drink immediately and enjoy.
- Some people prefer to pour the shot of Jägermeister directly into the Red Bull, forgoing the "bomb" altogether. This can make it easier to drink and doesn't alter the taste.
- If you opt for the drop, be careful that the shot glass doesn't hit your teeth hard and crack a tooth while drinking.
- Another fun option is to use a Quaffer double bubble glass. It's a special style of shot glass with two stacked bulbs, and the design automatically creates layers when used with a mixer and a liquor. Fill the bottom with the energy drink, pour Jägermeister on top, then drink it in one gulp.
How Strong Is a Jäger Bomb?
Despite its notorious status, the Jäger bomb is not a very strong drink. Its alcohol content is just 7 percent ABV (14 proof), or slightly stronger than the average beer. As many people can attest, it can lead to a vicious hangover, though.
A lot of the drink's reputation for getting people really drunk likely comes from drinking too much. The combination of Jäger's herbs with the energy drink is also intense. It may have negative effect on the body for some people, causing you to feel worse than you might with straight alcohol.
- If you have a favorite energy drink other than Red Bull, there's nothing wrong with pouring that instead. But do realize that you will get Red Bull when ordering it at a bar.
- If you enjoy the interactive play that is a "drop shot," try the Irish slammer. It drops a shot of Irish whiskey and Irish cream into a half-pint of Guinness.