|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 40g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||38%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup/60 mL extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup/240 mL mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup/60 mL Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup/60 mL green onions, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup/60 mL feta, crumbled or grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped ( add more if you wish)
- 2 large jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Wash, seed, and dice the jalapeno. Place into a small glass dish (a small drinking glass works well. Add 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar to jalapeno pieces. Let the mixture sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
After this time, remove jalapenos, set aside until ready to use; reserve 1 tablespoon of the white wine vinegar.
Bring a large pot of water to boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add potatoes and cook for 20 minutes, or until they are easily pierced through with a knife. Once cooked, drain potatoes, place into an ice bath for 10 minutes, or until sufficiently cooled off. Drain potatoes once more and set aside.
Combine mayonnaise, mustard, oil, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Add potatoes, green onion, jalapeno pieces, and feta (or cheddar) to the mixture. Toss to coat well. Transfer to a serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
Place into the refrigerator and let potato salad cool for 2 hours before serving. Serve with your favorite grilled, slow cooked, baked, broiled, or fried meats.
Serve and enjoy!
- Store any leftovers tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after initial preparation.