Jam crescent cookies, with cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, butter, and your choice of fruit preserves. You can use a food processor to mix the flour mixture with the cream cheese and butter and mix the sour cream in with a fork.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fruit preserves
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. With pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in cream cheese and butter. Continue blending ingredients until mixture resembles meal.
- With a fork, stir in sour cream until pastry just holds together.
- Form pastry into a ball; wrap with waxed paper and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into quarters. Keep the remaining dough refrigerated while you work with 1 portion at a time.
- On a floured surface roll dough portion into a 10-inch square. With large 3-inch round cookie cutters, cut out rounds. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of your choice of preserves on the center of each round. Moisten edge of dough with a little water; fold dough over preserves, to make a filled crescent cookies.
- With a fork dipped in flour, press edges to seal.
- Use a fork to prick top lightly.
- Place cookies on greased baking sheets and repeat with the remaining portions of dough.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies to racks to cool.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Some of the filling will leak out, so make sure you line the baking sheets with parchment or nonstick foil. Or shape and bake the cookies like these filled kolache cookies to keep leaking to a minimum.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|