These butter cookies are made with a pastry-like cream cheese dough. The jam and a light dusting of confectioners' sugar are the only sweeteners.
The pictured cookies were cut out with a square cookie cutter. They can be cut out with a round cookie cutter as well.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 package/3 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup jam (chilled)
- 1/4 cup sugar (confectioners')
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine the butter and cream cheese; beat until fluffy.
- Add flour to the mixture and blend well.
- Shape the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 2 to 2 1/2-inch square cutter. Place them about 1 1/2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon jam onto the center of each cookie. Fold opposite sides together, slightly overlapping edges.
- Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan to wire racks to cool. Lightly sift confectioners' sugar over the cooled cookies.
Makes about 20 to 24 cookies
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|