Janet A. Zimmerman has two decades of experience as a food writer and instructor. She's a bestselling cookbook writer and recipe developer.
- Award-winning food writer
- Author of five cookbooks including the bestselling "Instant Pot Obsession"
- More than 20 years of experience teaching culinary classes
Janet A. Zimmerman is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles and recipes for two years. She has more than 20 years of experience teaching culinary classes and writing about food. Her writing and classes range in topic but often focus on meals for two and date night cuisine.
She has written five cookbooks, including the bestselling "Instant Pot Obsession" and has won multiple food writing awards.
Janet is a senior manager and board member for The Society of Culinary Arts & Letters, a nonprofit organization dedicated to culinary education.
Janet A. Zimmerman earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Washington State University.
Awards and Publications
- Janet has written for Martha Stewart Living, NPR's "Kitchen Window," and The Daily Gullet.
- Two of her pieces have appeared in the annual anthology "Best Food Writing," one in 2008 and one in 2010.
- In 2010, her article on the evolution of lime cordial, "Any Other Name," won the Bert Greene Journalism Award for Culinary Writing about Beer, Wine and/or Spirits from the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
- "Instant Pot Obsession" which was the #1 Best Seller on Amazon in the category of soups and stews cooking
- "All About Cooking for Two: A Very Quick Guide"
- "The Healthy Pressure Cooker Cookbook"
- "All-In-One Dutch Oven Cookbook for Two"
- "The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook for Two"
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.