Janet A. Zimmerman has two decades of experience as a food writer and instructor. She's a bestselling cookbook writer and recipe developer.
- Award-winning food writer
- Author of five cookbooks including the bestselling "Instant Pot Obsession"
- More than 20 years of experience teaching culinary classes
Janet A. Zimmerman is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles and recipes for two years. She has more than 20 years of experience teaching culinary classes and writing about food. Her writing and classes range in topic but often focus on meals for two and date night cuisine.
She has written five cookbooks, including the bestselling "Instant Pot Obsession" and has won multiple food writing awards.
Janet is a senior manager and board member for The Society of Culinary Arts & Letters, a nonprofit organization dedicated to culinary education.
Janet A. Zimmerman earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Washington State University.
Awards and Publications
- Janet has written for Martha Stewart Living, NPR's "Kitchen Window," and The Daily Gullet.
- Two of her pieces have appeared in the annual anthology "Best Food Writing," one in 2008 and one in 2010.
- In 2010, her article on the evolution of lime cordial, "Any Other Name," won the Bert Greene Journalism Award for Culinary Writing about Beer, Wine and/or Spirits from the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
- "Instant Pot Obsession" which was the #1 Best Seller on Amazon in the category of soups and stews cooking
- "All About Cooking for Two: A Very Quick Guide"
- "The Healthy Pressure Cooker Cookbook"
- "All-In-One Dutch Oven Cookbook for Two"
- "The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook for Two"
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.